Built in 1957, 69 Cold Brook Drive is not just a house, it’s 4 generations of family life just waiting to be restored to its original glory.
Speaking with Deanna, granddaughter to the original builder of the home, her memories flood from her like as abundantly as the delicious plates of food she recalls having for Sunday dinners. The stories come from her- happy and vivid- almost like they were just yesterday, all coming back around the same theme: The home has been the centerpiece of her family for longer than anyone can remember.
This was the home neighbors gathered in for everything from holiday parties to Saturday night card games. This is where the family came for Sunday dinners every week like clockwork, and even as the kids got older, on Wednesday nights you could still find the family collected around the table as they always made time for each other… even in the weeks where there was no time. Grandma and Grandpa made sure of it.
An uncle dressed up as Santa Clause each Christmas is one of Deanna’s favorite memories, but her recollection of the baby grand piano that used to be in the living room brought a tear to my eye. The nostalgia in her voice apparent as her words almost lowered and wandered to years passed. Falling asleep to her grandfather tickling the ivories- that is something that sticks with her to this day.
This house holds over 60 years of memories and is waiting for new owners to call it home. The one-level living makes it ideal for families of all sizes and stages. From first time owners to retired couples ready to make a home their custom dream.
Three beds, complete with a beautifully closeted master and 1.5 bathrooms, framed hardwoods, stone fireplace and sun-porch give 69 Cold Brook Drive the perfect beginnings to restoration. Central air installed, a garage, partially finished basement, large deck and private landscaped yard filled with perennials, a gardening area and shed are just some of the original features that complete this home.
Deanna recalls her affection for the neighborhood, not just because of its location to Garden City and Chapel View for shopping and dining, but for the uniqueness. “Nothing here was ever cookie-cutter,” she tells me. “All the homes were custom once- all built with love.” And she’s not wrong. Family walks and neighbors gathering are all frequent events here. This home was custom built and generously loved throughout the years, for everything inside its four walls and so many things outside.
Located in the Western Cranston School System, this is a home sure to stand the test of time for the family ready to make their own rich history. Please call Noonan/Lombardi & Associates at 401-580-8672 to see the home today, or come to the Open House on November 11th from 11-1.
Can 42 years, a life-cycle of a family, happen on a quiet street in Pawtucket?
The answer is, undeniably, yes.
89 Manistee Street in Pawtucket, Rhode Island is both adorable and affordable. The location has made our seller fall in love year after year, from starting a family, to raising teens, to becoming an empty nester. Each path of life has been beautifully served in this cape.
Speaking a moment with owner Mary-Lou, one feels the love she has not just for the home’s walls, but for the memories it holds. The years well lived inside and out. “All my friends and neighbors have always considered it home. It’s a real homey home.” And what feels better than coming home?
The 3/4 bedroom Cape in the Darlington area is a fantastic starter and has all the “wish list” items checked, along with some much needed updated majors too! With winter coming you’ll be happy to call this home yours with a heating system, roof, windows, oil tank, and central ac being all replaced or updated recently, and there is natural gas already in the home if conversion were ever a desire.
Shiny hardwoods throughout the first floor, up to two bedrooms downstairs and the two other bedrooms up, and an additional finished room in the basement can serve many purposes. The eat in kitchen opens up to a beautiful back deck with awning for comfortable enjoyment. The yard is private and lush with many plantings, and serves as your own personal escape, add in an oversized garage with ample storage options and you’ve got this Darlington/Beverage Hill cutie.
Key location features both shopping and dining close by, and a walk to Slater Park! Ideal for anyone looking to live life in a well-loved neighborhood. “We all look out for each other,” Mary-Lou says. Which is heartwarming and brings a smile to her face. This is a neighborhood that has come together as family and, while it is opening up to the next generation of home buyers, is keeping its cohesive community.
Near schools, both private and public, easy access to 95 and the train station, as well as simply a great place to walk and enjoy the outdoors, 89 Manistee is waiting to enjoy the next 42 years as your home.
Call Noonan/Lombardi & Associates to learn more: 401-580-8672.
We know that it’s not only the desire to buy a home that is needed to do so. From time and money, we are stressed to the edges of our abilities to reach such lofty goals as home buying. This is why our team of 7 at Aliesha Noonan & Associates aims to make the process from dreaming to SOLD easier at each turn.
Working with competent and passionate partners in the industry, such as Byron Kirk at South Wind Financial in Johnston, Rhode Island, assist us in our mission to bring you the best service from your first internet searches to the closing table.
As a simple breakdown, let’s highlight South Wind Financial’s products:
- Standard FHA with Elite pricing – A standard FHA Purchase (or refinance) loan but we have elite pricing on credit scores over 640. A minimum credit score of 620 for the standard FHA purchase and 3.5% down payment are requirements. FHA loans are easier to qualify for than a conventional loan.
- Specialty FHA loans – This is an FHA loan (purchase and refinance) for credit scores between 580-620. The interest rates are higher but can be streamlined to a lower rate after 6 on time mortgage payments. There several important guidelines – Debt Ratio and 3 months of mortgage payments in bank after closing as reserves are the most important.
- NEW – 1.5% Down FHA loan. This is a FHA purchase with down payment assistance. This is a standard FHA loan with a 3.5% down payment, and as long as you qualify, a 2% down payment gift assistance, lowering the borrower’s down payment to just 1.5%. Standard FHA guidelines apply and rates are vary according to credit score.
- Standard conventional loans – This is a regular conventional loan with down payments down to 5%. Minimum credit score is 620, however better rates are awarded for credit scores above a 680.
- NEW – Special Conventional Program for loan amounts up to $679,000. This is a special pilot program. The program allows for a loan amount up to $679,000 to be considered a standard conventional loan as long as the borrowers have 720 fico scores and are putting 20% down. This is huge benefit. The loan amounts from $417,000 to your county’s loan limits are considered high balance and loans above the county loan limits are considered jumbo loans. Both high balance and jumbo loans have higher interest rates and separate guidelines. With this program, as long as it meets the requirements, any loan up to $679,000 is considered a standard conventional loan!
- NEW – 1% down Conventional Program – This program is a HomeReady or HomePossible program with a 3% down payment however the lender is giving the borrower a gift of 2% or 5,000 whichever is less towards the down payment. Loan must meet all the HomeReady or Home Possible guidelines. Yes, there are income limits, but let us do the checking!
- USDA loans – This loan is 100% financing for properties located in rural areas. The key to these loans is to know there are income limits based on the income of the entire household not just the borrowers on the loan. The lenders will take into consideration everyone’s income that is going to live in the house.
- VA loan – This loan is 100% financing for veterans. The VA guidelines are very forgiving and you can close them fairly quickly. The key to these loans is the appraisal must be ordered as soon as possible as it is ordered through the VA and they can often take more time to complete.
South Wind Financial’s closings average 25 days with some purchases being cleared to close with 15 days of submission. The only exception is USDA loans. They take slightly longer because the USDA themselves actually reviews each file prior to a clear to close.
We truly hope this helps you understand that there is no one loan or product out there. South Wind Financial offers many options to assist you in achieving your home owning dreams. For more information and questions about how to get started, please call Byron Kirk, Branch Manager at South Wind Financial, Inc. at 401-270-4999 or give us a call at 401-580-8672 to be put in touch!
NMLS ID#: 13491
1356 Atwood Avenue, Suite 2, Johnston RI 02919
Our beautiful listing at 5 Alyssa Lane in Lincoln, RI is open and ready for Spring time shoppers, but while the home is stunning, the neighborhood charming, it’s not just the house that makes this property everything… it’s everything that makes it so. This tranquil and peaceful neighborhood, is away from city life for a relaxing break. Perfect for the nature lover and for those who enjoy physical activity, hiking and walking. Close enough to Providence, Worcester and Boston to work, go out for dinner, enjoy a fantastic night life, and still slumber in peace.
The city of Lincoln Rhode Island has some of the most idyllic New England features, like Sunset Stables for horseback riding, and the Eleazer Arnold House- a rare surviving example of a stone-ender, a once-common building type featuring a massive chimney end wall, as well as The Hearthside House.
For family enjoyment, there is nothing like the outdoor life and shopping experience in Lincoln. Limerock Preserve, now called the Aust Family Preserve, Lincoln Woods, Blackstone Gorge, Riverside Trail and Blackstone River State Park are absolutely must go places to enjoy the vast beauty of Rhode Island!
The shopping at the Lincoln Mall, which include more than just stores! Great shopping, a beautiful movie theater, lazer bowling and more! It’s an experience you will enjoy all year long. Treat yourself locally to Zaks on Front Street, for a wonderful salon experience, and if you’re looking for some excitement, hit the tables at Twin River Casino for the night!
Looking for even more activity? First-class gym, Ocean State Gymnastics, is within walking distance to the house. RI Rock Gym and RI Indoor Karting are close by, too! So grab your friends and family and get moving!
Great restaurants including Trattora Romano, Enn and frozen yogurt—KiWi Burst and FroYo make for great stops all year for date night or family outings, but know that summer is coming and the Lincoln Creamery is the place to be!
And while there is so much to do, see, and experience, rest assured there are excellent public schools in Lincoln. The middle school is brand new and a new high school is in the process of being built! This is the home you will fall in love with, the neighborhood you will flourish in, all in a city that will grow with you and your family for many years to come!
Contact Donna Silva at 401-935-8202 to schedule a showing!
Aliesha Noonan & Associates is a team about more than just real estate basics. We work together to make home and land buying, selling and leasing into an experience. Our clients often become friends, and our team is more a family. There is no basic here. We know the way to reaching your real estate goals is through going 100% for you every single day, which is easier to do together!
You can find us out and about all over New England because we love our part of the world, and we love team bonding! It builds our connection, our work.
The Adventure Park at Storrs
Team bonding brings people together by encouraging collaboration and teamwork. Sometimes sitting in the conference room feels so stale, but a little adventure helps us see each other in a different light, connecting in different ways.
Our day at The Adventure Park at Storrs, CT gave us some awesome motivation, a lot of laugher, and hours learning more about each other and how we can help support each other better.
Why does this matter for you?
A team that works for you and so well with each other is a winning combination. From always being able to get a hold of your agent, to an amazing hive mind working on the best ways to meet your goals, Aliesha Noonan & Associates has you covered.
Why should you be bonding with your team?
1. Communication and working better together in the office. When you expand your team’s comfort with each other, their work becomes that much more limitless.
2. Collaboration and the fostering of innovation and creativity. People tend to have a larger imagination when they are around people they are comfortable with. So, successful team building events not only bring people closer together but they also lead to more successful and creative workplace ideas.
3. Celebration, team spirit, fun, and motivation. The celebration, cheering, and fun that come with team bonding events can motivate employees to bring their job to the next level.
4. Competition and bragging rights. Competition has been shown to increase production. Enough said…
5. Teamwork and boosting team performance. Team bonding activities also improve workplace projects that involve teamwork. After completing team building activities together, employees better understand each other’s strengths, weaknesses, and interests.
6. Networking, socializing, and getting to know each other better. Socializing and making friends in the workplace is one of the best ways to increase productivity in the office.
Is climbing right for your team?
The Adventure Park at Storrs is a fabulous experience for team bonding. Why?
Look up—You’ll see a series of platforms in the trees connected by cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Each bridge presents a different challenge of how to get to the next platform. A series of bridges form “aerial trails” throughout the forest. Let these challenges lead your team to heights beyond the trees.
Relax—You don’t have to be a circus acrobat or Tarzan! Choose from seven different color-coded trails, from “beginner” (easier and lower to the ground) to intermediate, to advanced (the most challenging). Let your team take control of their destinations. Sometimes letting people surprise themselves with their abilities is the best way to build confidence.
Climb with Confidence—You will receive a complete safety orientation before your climb. Our double-connected, “always-locked-on” climbing system helps keep your climbing harness securely attached to the safety line at all times. No fear here- team bonding should always be done in a safe environment.
So… what are you waiting for? Give us a call to find out how this team can serve all of your real estate needs: 401-580-8672, and consider your next team bonding event.
How high can your team climb to reach success?