Curb appeal is one of the most important factors to getting people in the door to your home! We, as humans, judge books by their covers and homes by their exteriors- when potential buyers pull up to your listing, they yearn for the iconic expression of the season. Those first impressions need to be positive get people to look at your home, so how can you up that curb appeal this Spring?
- Make sure that the front of your home is welcoming. Paint the front door a nice contrasting color and add a nice wreath. Be sure your old light fixtures are replaced (if needed) and all bulbs are in working order (and match!)- it’s all about the little things. Finally, place seasonal potted plants on each side of the door or down the front steps as a welcoming entrance.
- Power wash your siding to get rid of dirt and moss. Revealing your beautiful home is a must!
- Freshen up dull paint, especially the trim. If you have wood siding, make sure it is sealed and there are no soft spots. Putting your best foot forward will ensure the best offers.
- If you have a porch or deck– give it a good power washing or fresh coat of stain. Put out your furnishings and be sure that they are clean. A fresh set of cushions are the perfect way to liven it up! You want your potential buyers to imagine themselves in these same spaces you’ve created memories in over the years! A welcoming, bright, well tended yard will do just that.
- Repair any walkways and stairs damaged by the harsh winters. This is true curb appeal for many from young couples, imagining a family of babies and toddlers running and climbing, all the way to elderly buyers, who desire less maintenance and need level ground.
- Trim and shape all perennials, and make sure your gardens are weeded. Throw a fresh layer of mulch down and remove any of plants that come up but look out of place.
- If you want to take some of your plants with you to your new location, place those flowers and plants in planters. Digging things up from the garden AFTER an offer can strike a nerve, but potted plants can come with you easily!
- Trim overgrown shrubs and prune all of the dead branches. Clean, well kept properties exude confidence in themselves! It’s all about what people see when they drive up- the epitome of curb appeal!
- Give your lawn a good edging. It is not just neat and clean, it is truly eye-popping! Again, clean lines!
- It takes more than well-tended gardens. Try planting colorful floral groupings that will catch the eye of passers-by. In nature, everything is in odds- something to keep in mind while planting. Threes and fives often look beautiful, and give a nice grouping of color and vibrancy!
Creating the perfect curb appeal for your home is a fun way to freshen up and see your property in a whole new light! Even if you’re not listing, giving your gardens, entrances and outdoor spaces TLC each season will benefit you greatly when you are ready to sell!
Do you have questions about curb appeal?
Call Donna at 401-935-8202 or email DonnaSilva@AlieshaNoonanAndAssoc.com